Upcoming Events › Term 2
ROOKIE LEAGUE - U8’s, U10’s, U12's & U14's
The No1 Draft Pick Rookie League is the perfect introductory basketball program for young players to develop their skills, engage in competition and learn the rules of the game.
Whether they love basketball or are new to the game, our Rookie League provides the perfect opportunity for boys and girls of all abilities to have fun and play basketball.
ROOKIE LEAGUE OBJECTIVES
This fun and exciting basketball format offers an educational approach to the game. The Rookie League’s objectives are to support players long-term development and create positive learning experiences for boys and girls that are fun, engaging and challenging.
FORMAT & BENEFITS
- Boys & Girls Under 8’s, 10’s, 12's and 14's.
- Lower 8 foot rings for U8's & U10's, modified rules and fewer players (3X3 & 4X4) means a more enjoyable game.
- 30 minutes of shooting and skills development.
- 30 minutes of games.
- Knowledgeable, supportive and active coaching staff that teach the game to each player.
- Every player gets to develop and play. The main aim of each session is for children to have fun playing, learn the rules and build fundamental motor skills.
- More opportunities to touch the ball and more opportunities to score baskets means more FUN.
- Rapid development of physical and mental skills.
- Cultivate friendships and social skills.
- Develop values of teamwork, co-operation, fair play and respect for others.
- Develop a child's ability to make quick decisions and improve reaction time.
- Keep healthy by getting active.
- Improve self-confidence.
- Improve balance and co-ordination.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This program is for boys and girls of all abilities, 13 years and under. If your child is interested in playing basketball or wants to prepare for competition, then this is the perfect introductory program.
Please feel free to contact us regarding your child’s registration and entry into this program.
Events Search and Views Navigation
- No matching events listed under Term 2. Please try viewing the full calendar for a complete list of events.