Learn the skills, principles and mental concepts that players require to become proficient at the point-guard position. This camp is also recommended for players of all positions including shooting guards, small forwards, and centres.
Our experienced and knowledgeable coaches will teach you with the concepts, skills, and knowledge to give you the ability to become a high calibre point-guard.
We will cover various aspects of the point-guard position, from ball-handling, being a scoring threat, passing and attacking angles, defending opposing guards, to decision making and intelligent playmaking.
- Develop and enhance your court awareness, game sense and basketball I.Q
- Become a playmaker and learn how to create opportunities for your teammates and yourself
- Learn how to read on-ball defenders, the first and second help defenders
- How to get your shot off against taller and faster defenders
- Learn how to guard your opposing point guard
- Learn how to draw fouls and get to the free throw line often
- Learn how to operate a Pick & Roll
- Learn how to play fast but in control, and direct the tempo of the game
- Learn how to become a leader and communicator on the court
- Become “Unshakeable” and poised under pressure
- Learn about court spacing, cutting, and moving without the ball
- Learn how to be an effective and efficient passer
- Improve your confidence, mental toughness, and court awareness
- Learn how to train to get results
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This program is for players of all positions with representative experience or of a similar ability. They should have a sound knowledge of shooting mechanics, lay-ups, understand passing, cutting and spacing principles, are comfortable with their ball handling ability and have a deep desire to train and become better.
Please feel free to contact us regarding your child’s registration and entry into this camp.
We will have safety measures in place to ensure the well being of our staff and attendees. Please ensure that your children arrive and are picked up on time.
Children will not be permitted to attend the camp if any of the below is relevant:
- Child has not been well within 48 hours prior to the event
- If they are suffering from a sore throat, fever, or flu symptoms within 48 hours of the event.
- If they suffer from COVID-19 or are currently in isolation awaiting test results
- Have been overseas within the last 14 days prior to the event.
- Have visited Victoria in the past 14 days prior
- Have attended any of the reported case locations or Hot Spots listed on the NSW Health website