All coaches love great defenders, and a player’s defensive ability is usually a deciding factor for playing time and whether they will finish off close games. Most coaches will say that it’s all about effort, the truth is, it’s more than just effort that makes a great defender. Good defenders have great anticipation skills, footwork, balance, strength, are very disciplined and play intelligently.
Learn new breakthroughs in defensive skill development to enhance every aspect of your game. Our experienced and knowledgeable coaches will teach players key concepts, skills, and techniques to become a defensive stopper in transition, on the perimeter, and inside the key.
This camp is filled with valuable skills, insights, and high-level techniques for breaking down individual and team offenses. Dominate on defence, be your coaches go to player at crunch time and never be left out of big games again.
What you will learn at the N1DP Defence Camp?
- Learn the key elements to becoming a great on-ball defender
- Improve your mental quickness and anticipation skills
- Block-out & rebounding techniques
- Effective defensive techniques for under-sized defenders
- Learn how to be an effective communicator on defence.
- Learn how to apply on-ball pressure the right way to minimise getting beaten
- Learn a new method to close-out like the pros.
- Learn the correct off-ball positioning, 1 and 2 passes away from the ball
- Learn the key elements of proper stance and hand positioning
- Learn a simple yet effective way to defend dribble hand-offs, on ball screens and down screens
- Learn several methods to defend dominant post and perimeter players
- Learn how to stop fast-breaks and minimise transition baskets
- Learn how to draw offensive fouls and how to take a charge correctly
- Learn key training drills to increase your speed, agility and lateral quickness
- Improve your confidence, mental toughness, and court awareness on defence
- Learn training techniques to help improve your foot speed, strength, and agility
This program is for players of all positions with representative experience or of a similar ability. They should have a sound knowledge of shooting mechanics, lay-ups, understand passing, cutting and spacing principles, are comfortable with their ball handling ability and have a deep desire to train and become better.
Please feel free to contact us regarding your child’s registration and entry into this camp.
If you are a defensive stopper, then you will earn a place on any team and you will be the coaches go to player when games are on the line.
We will have safety measures in place to ensure the well being of our staff and attendees. Please ensure that your children arrive and are picked up on time.
Children will not be permitted to attend the camp if any of the below is relevant:
- Child has not been well within 48 hours prior to the event
- If they are suffering from a sore throat, fever, or flu symptoms within 48 hours of the event.
- If they suffer from COVID-19 or are currently in isolation awaiting test results
- Have been overseas within the last 14 days prior to the event.
- Have visited Victoria in the past 14 days prior
- Have attended any of the reported case locations or Hot Spots listed on the NSW Health website